- the future business operations are intended to be ongoing and the applicant’s main job
- sufficient entrepreneurial capacity of the applicant
- ability to operate in the industry in question
- the completed business plan and operations are assessed as being profitable
- prerequisites for starting a business, such as financing, business premises and permits.
The start-up grant is not granted if:
- full-time entrepreneurial activity has begun before the start-up grant decision
- the applicant is already working full-time as an entrepreneur
- the business provides a reasonable living immediately.
- the entrepreneur has unpaid tax arrears or disruption in payments
The start-up grant can be applied for at the nearest TE Office. Start-up grants must be applied for before starting full-time entrepreneurship.
Amount of the start-up grant
The amount of the start-up grant corresponds to the basic daily allowance and it is paid for a maximum of five days a week (approximately €700/month). The start-up grant is granted for periods of six months and for a maximum of one year.
Who should I ask for advice when applying for a start-up grant?
It is natural to explore the possibility of a start-up grant while planning your business operations with the support of experts from K-S Yritysidea, for example.
Business Jyväskylä’s business coordinators help unemployed job-seekers who are involved in a municipal employment trial and are considering full-time entrepreneurship.
When applying for a start-up grant
- Start-up grants must be applied for before starting full-time entrepreneurship. Submit your application well in advance of the intended start, so that we can process your application in time.
- If your company is just an idea or project, first apply to work on your business with K-S Yritysidea’s services.
- The business plan and profitability calculations must be finalised before submitting the application.
- Submit your start-up grant application electronically via TE Services online. When you submit all the appendices to the self-service portal at the same time, the processing time (normally 3–4 weeks) will be faster.
- We will contact you when your application is received.
Required appendices for the start-up grant application
- business plan
- profitability calculations
- tax debt certificate that is less than three months old
- loan promise for external financing, if applicable.